Hello In All Languages displays a "hello" word translated to the official language of the country the visitor's IP belongs to.
how to install
- Upload the extracted archive to wp-content/plugins/ or upload the archive from the admin dashboard (Plugins -> Add New -> Upload).
- Activate the plugin via the Plugins menu.
how to configure
- Open the plugin settings page (Settings -> Hello In All Languages)
- Select how the word will be displayed (default, capitalised, or decapitalised).
- Select the default language (to be used if the visitor's IP cannot be determined).
- Optional, but recommended: Sign up for a free IPInfoDB API key and paste it in the appropriate field.
- If you get any errors, change the "way to connect to API" option.
how to use
Enter the shortcode [HELLO-IN-ALL-LANGUAGES] in any post or page and the translated hello will be displayed.
- To ensure that all the hello translations will be displayed correctly, please use UTF-8 charset.
- Please be aware that the plugin may not work properly if you are testing your blog in a local server.
- To determine the visitor's physical location based on his IP, the geolocation API provided by IPInfoDB is used.