This is a now page, updated on 6th July, 2022.
I love reading multiple books simultaneously. Right now I'm reading the following:
- Blood, Sweat, and Pixels
- The Creative Gene
- Snow Crash
- Dark Age
- The Daily Stoic
- The Power of Fun
- A Poem for Every Day of the Year
- A Poem for Every Night of the Year
I'm posting about what I have already read during 2022 in this twitter thread.
I'm currently exploring the world of game design & development, so I play various games for research purposes, although most of them not for more than a couple of hours.
The ones I have played the most in the last few months include:
- The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe
- Old World
- Zenda BOTW — Just completed a second playthrough, so my kids—who are turning into huge Zelda fans—could experience this amazing game.
- Civilization VI – the Civ series is one of my all-time favourites so I find it comforting to play a game or two every now and then.
- Stardew Valley – For over a year now, we run a virtual farm with my kids, so whenever we get a chance our house looks like an old school lan party.
I'm currently learning about the world of game development & design and experimenting with the Unity game engine.
In the physical world, I'm assembling a garden fort for the kids which is forcing me to learn a lot about power tools and woodworking!
It has been a while since I watched a movie for adults — a few notable ones I watched with my kids:
- Sing 2
- The Mitchells vs. the Machines
Series I'm watching at the moment:
- The Office (US) for the 2nd time
- La Casa de Papel (Money Heist)
- Ted Lasso
I've been burned before by cancellations so I don't tend to start watching series before they release at least their second season, but I just completed Severance and it's really good — highly recommended! Mythic Quest was also fun.